Dear Primary K Parents,
Please tap on this link to access the schedule for the week of May 25: TCS Primary Ks Schedule: Week of 5/25/20
We have a flag-waving week planned for our K students, some of which is designed to help them understand what it is we honor when we celebrate Memorial Day. That will be our theme for the next four days, and the highlights will be:
- Word of the Week: In honor of Memorial Day, citizenship seems an appropriate word to learn and understand.
- Sing with Pride: Lizzie will teach “The Grand Old Flag” to tie in with our Memorial Day salute.
- Read-Alouds: We will expand on this week’s theme by reading Her Right Foot and Blue Skies & White Stars to your children. You will love Her Right Foot, which involves the appendage of perhaps the most famous statue in the world—as well as American history, citizenship and immigration, all rolled into one beloved book by acclaimed novelist Dave Eggers.
- LIVE ZOOM on Wednesday at 1 p.m.: Off we go to the Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, where your children will dive into the world of sharks! They will meet hammerheads. Reef sharks. Even tiger sharks! Students will learn about the characteristics of sharks as well as their diversity.
- Cooking with Pam: Save your ripe avocados, because Pam will be teaching how to make guacamole. Remember, the trick to preventing the guacamole from discoloring is to put a toothpick into the avocado pit, place it into the delicious green dip and refrigerate. Works every time!
- Time Telling: World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking wrote a book called A Brief History of Time. Our K’s will continue to work on telling time so that one day they may read and rejoice in the brilliance of this Nobel Prize winner.
- Social Studies: Are your passports ready? A trip around the world will close our social studies for the year. What a special voyage it will be as Breanna puts down her anchor for a stay in the City of Light—Paris!
After a three-day weekend, a week of learning and adventure awaits students in our K program! Off they go …
The TCS Teachers