To access the Primary K Program Schedule for the week of June 8, please tap on this link: TCS Primary K Schedule: Week of 6/8/20
This is a special week, with not only a live learning adventure we organized for midweek, but also because of these highlights …
- Monday, June 8, is World Ocean Day, which recognizes the importance of conserving the world’s oceans as well as its seas, rivers, lakes and tributaries.
- Wednesday, June 10, is the birthday of one of TCS’s favorite authors, who also happens to be one of the most beloved children’s book writers and illustrators of all time. His name is Maurice Sendak, and he wrote and illustrated Where the Wild Things Are, In the Night Kitchen and Outside Over There.?
- Word of the Week: Respect. Children know all about the meaning of respect at our School. We always say: Respect is the rule at TCS!
- Author Spotlight: Children’s book writer Angela Johnson will take center stage in the days ahead, as well she should. Ms. Johnson has written over 40 books, all poignant, moving stories and poetry about African American families, from common childhood experiences to the deeper issues faced by older children. Her characters are realistic, and her treatment of various topics is sensitive, positive and hopeful. Be sure to add Angela Johnson’s work to your child’s summer reading list!
- A Trip to Mystic: On Wednesday, June 10, the K children will travel to the Mystic Seaport Museum for the LIVE program “Zoo in the Sky.”
Enjoy searching the infinite sky for animals and talking about that all-important word respect!