Thank you for the photos, videos and helpful feedback that you have provided about your children’s progress. Your comments and images have helped us to plan and refine the content of the lessons for each child. Speaking of which, here you will find the schedule for the third week of the TCS Distance Learning Program: TCS Primary K Schedule: Week of 4/6/20
As we continue to translate our teaching expertise into remote learning, we appreciate your efforts to create space and time in your work and home life to support your children’s education. Please know that supporting and partnering with you in this endeavor is our highest priority and that your insights are most welcome because they help us to better your child’s learning experience. If you have not heard from the School to date, please email us with days and times that would work for you to connect and we will get back to you promptly.
Since we are on this journey together, any ideas that we propose are offered to you only as recommendations, and your comments are greatly appreciated. Once your children have found their ‘sea legs’ learning this way, you will know what works and what does not in terms of the suggested guidelines below.
- We encourage you to be flexible with the activities presented. Children can watch video lessons or complete assignments when it is most convenient for them—and for you. Do what works best for your family.
- We recognize that children take varying amounts of time to complete assignments, whether it is in class or at home. Encourage your child to take their time and work carefully. Quality over quantity is key. We know you are providing encouragement and an environment conducive to learning.
- Keep in touch and continue to share your child’s work with us. There are two ways to submit work: either by e-mail or by uploading photos and videos of what your child has accomplished on the TCS website under the “Distance Learning” section.
- Note that we will be adding the app, IXL, to expand the resources available for distance learning. IXL is a learning program for older children that offers unlimited practice in math and language skills as well as science and social studies.
- Remember that once we return to school, we will collect all workbooks and any written materials that students have completed at home. These will support the record-keeping of each child’s learning achievements and benchmarks in a variety of subject areas.
Our collaborative learning journey continues onward and upward. Wishing you all good health and well-being in the week ahead.