To access the Pre-Primary 3’s Program Schedule for the week of June 8, please tap on this link: TCS PrePrimary 3’s Schedule: Week of 6/8/20
This is a special week, with not only a live learning adventure we organized for midweek, but also because of these highlights …
- Monday, June 8, is World Ocean Day, which recognizes the importance of conserving the world’s oceans as well as its seas, rivers, lakes and tributaries.
- Wednesday, June 10, is the birthday of one of TCS’s favorite authors, who also happens to be one of the most beloved children’s book writers and illustrators of all time. His name is Maurice Sendak, and he wrote and illustrated Where the Wild Things Are, In the Night Kitchen and Outside Over There. We’ll celebrate with some read-alouds.
- Word of the Week: Respect. Children learn all about the meaning of respect at our School. We always say: Respect is the rule at TCS!
- Author Spotlight: Children’s book writer Angela Johnson will take center stage in the days ahead, as well she should. Ms. Johnson has written over 40 books, all poignant, moving stories and poetry. Her characters are realistic, and her treatment of various topics is sensitive, positive and hopeful. Be sure to add Angela Johnson’s work to your child’s summer reading list!
- One More Story: One More Story is an online library of the best classic and contemporary picture books that we are offering through the summer. The premise of the site is simple: To bring a library of literature into every home, and empower children to independently explore literature before they are fully effective readers.
- A Trip to Mystic: Remember that “special” that we told you about? This is it! On Wednesday, June 10, the 3’s will travel to the Mystic Seaport Museum for the LIVE program Zoo in the Sky. After sharing a story about one of the animal constellations, Mystic Seaport educators will help TCS students to connect the dots as they tour the “zoo” in the sky.
Enjoy searching the sky for animals and talking about that all-important word respect!